In a few weeks time almost 350 church planters, coaches and leaders will meet at Toivonlinna (Finland) for our CHURCH PLANTERS X-CHANGE. Note
WHAT TO BRING –
1. Mattresses, sheets, blankets & towels will be provided.
2. If you have a copy of the ‘Church Planting’ manual – please bring it with you.
3. Musicians – bring your musical instruments. Advise Jeremy Brooks – the
leader of the worship musicians. INTERNET:[email protected]
4. Those who wish may bring a tent or caravan – but, please advise Esti Pujic if you not need dormitory accommodation.
5. Church planters should bring printed copies of their project plans (mandate, vision, mission, etc) for each of their core group members for discussion groups.
6. Church planters – bring copies/samples of interesting brochures, outreach & training materials, etc that your church plant is using. Others may want a copy.
CHURCH PLANTING NEWS – 08 July 03
In this issue:
# KOBANYA CHURCH PLANT – LifeStyle CAMP & BAPTISM PLANS
# ‘The Haven’ – 24 HOUR WORSHIP SERVICE
# PLANS FOR NEW PLANT IN WELWYN GARDEN CITY, HERTFORDSHIRE
# ‘IT’S RAINING – COME BAPTIZE US’
# CHURCH PLANTERS X-CHANGE – UPDATE! (Transport & Accommodation)
KOBANYA CHURCH PLANT – LifeStyle CAMP & BAPTISM PLANS (Budapest Hungary)
“At present time we are conducting a new lifestyle camp with the Köbanya group,” says church planter & Hungarian Church Planting Director, Laszlo Szabo. “10 guests have joined us for 3 days in order to learn how to live a better life. We talk a lot, cook together, pray together and discuss different issues. About 8 people are approaching baptism in Köbanya – all together.”
‘The Haven’ – 24 HOUR WORSHIP SERVICE (North NSW)
“Last weekend we had a 24 hour worship service. It started at 18.00 on Friday night and went continuously through the night – concluding at 18.00 on Saturday night,” says church planter, Alvin Schick. “There were five different bands rostered on at different times. The purpose was to promote awareness for a worship tour that the youth band is doing in July.
Not all of the kids in the band are yet Christians and others who have recently become Christians through the ministry of this band, have parents and siblings who are not Christians. Already we have a few parents coming to church as a result of their kids being involved in this worship band.
Whenever the band plays for church, parents who are not members come along to hear their kids play. This has been a great out reach and has already resulted in baptisms.”
PLANS FOR NEW PLANT IN WELWYN GARDEN CITY, HERTFORDSHIRE (South England)
“God is preparing a nice group of people in Welwyn Garden City (near St Albans) for a new church plant – including a couple who are attending my small group in Watford at the moment and who live near Welwyn,” says Aris Vontzalidis of the South England Conference..
‘IT’S RAINING – COME BAPTIZE US’ (Khartoum, Sudan)
An urgent request has just arrived at the Sudan Field office in Khartoum, Sudan. It is from the remote area called Nyala, and says, “Please, send someone immediately to conduct a baptism. The rains have come and we have enough water now. There are more than 50 who are ready.” It sounds like the rain of the Holy Spirit has been falling! (Reported by Paul Yithak, Communications Director, Sudan Field)
CHURCH PLANTERS X-CHANGE – UPDATE! (3-10 August 03) ## TRANSPORT:
1. Transport can be arranged for groups arriving at Turku Airport. All delegates must contact their country church planting coordinators – and they will make arrangements for transfers between the airport and Toivonlinna with Atte Helminen. INTERNET:[email protected] ## ACCOMMODATION:
1. Accommodation will be shared.
2. Families will be allocated a room and provided with mattresses & bedding. Families should provide their own special basinets & bedding for small infants.